Sunday, June 28, 2015

From Life in the 40s

I have decided to change my blog style from just odds and ends to memories of a lifetime.  From the 40s to today.  Come along with me if you were born in the 40s and remember or if not come along for a ride to see what you missed. 

Don't you just love to see snow flakes filling the air in the winter?  Watching the children running and playing in the snow and hearing the squeals of laughter as they fall into a snow angel.  I was born and raised in the panhandle of Texas, where the wind could turn a winter snow into a snow drift as high as a telephone pole.  I can remember my folks saying people had disappeared on a road during one of those storms and not found until the snow melted.  That was in the 40s way before cell phones, where now someone might find you by your phone.  This is a part of the US that was almost the center of the Dust Bowl. 

Where the wind and dirt blew for hundreds of miles.  People had to wear cloths over their nose and mouth to breath in side the house.  Being a baby I don't remember and I am glad because I think that would be a terrible way to live.  Now the snow is another form of mother nature that I do find beautiful even though it can be very dangerous at times.  Even with the weather to live with, you will find some of the warmest people in the world.  They are friendly, helpful and keep friendships for a lifetime.  Small town America at its best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment